Monday, November 24, 2014

Happy Monday

Well, they say Canadians talk about the weather more than anyone in the world.  I'll bet the folks in Buffalo are way past that this week.  On behalf of all Canadians, I wish you well.  Hang in there.

I spent the afternoon with my sewing buddies in Dorchester today.  This is a fun group.  We get together to sew, quilt, knit, gab, laugh and basically enjoy each other's company every week.  I managed to get the top done for my nephew's "going to college" quilt.   Three more nieces and nephews to go before I start on the great nieces and nephew.  By then there should be another one as my niece Kristen and her hubby are expecting their first child soon.  They just moved into their new to them house on the weekend, so let the nesting begin !!   Really, I wish them well.  They've already endured some heavy duty stuff in their lives together, so they deserve to have a wonderful time with parenthood.   As I say to all new parents - enjoy every minute - even the crazy ones.

I had enough blocks left over from Connor's quilt to make the top for a kid's quilt for our charity.  Since the guild provides the batting and backing, I should have it done for next week.  I really need to get a new camera- the computer won't recognize my cell phone, and even though it has a pretty good camera, I miss the ability to get creative behind the lens.

On another note, I'm getting together with the Bethel quilters tomorrow afternoon to hopefully FINISH the banners for Advent.  I think we all know now to stick to less ambitious projects when time is limited !!  It   falls under the "live and learn "  category.

On a personal note, I spent Sunday afternoon with my Mom.  The gravestone for my Dad was installed last week, so we went together to visit.  It looked really nice.  We all got to see the blueprint for it, but it looks much different - in a good way - in stone.  I'm glad they were able to put it in before winter.  It has given us all a bit of closure.  So far Mom is doing really well.  |W|e'll be spending extra time as a family over Christmas this year - it could be a tough time.

So that's it for today.  Will check in with you later this week.

Luv
Teresa

No comments: